Social Security Planning Is Still Complicated
Tuesday, December 15, 2020
Learn more about how the Covid-19 crisis has impacted retirement planning, specifically focusing on tax efficient withdrawal and Social Security claiming strategies. Join Ron Cohen from Wells Fargo Asset Management as he talks with retirement income experts William Meyer and Sean Murray, CFA, both of Social Security Solutions, Inc. Key topics of discussion:
- How at a high level has the current crisis impacted retirement planning?
- How can advisors add value with retirement planning in the crisis-era?
- Why are tax-efficient withdrawal strategies a good way for advisors to show their “advisor alpha” or how they can add portfolio longevity?
- How will a new administration impact future taxes and tax-efficient withdrawal strategies?
- Case examples illustrating the impact and value withdrawal strategies make for a client.
- How has this environment impacted Social Security planning? Should clients behave differently?
- What strategies are available for “fixing” clients who claim early because of current economic situation?
- How can advisors best help clients near retirement or in retirement?
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) is the trade name for certain investment advisory/management firms owned by Wells Fargo & Company. These firms include but are not limited to Wells Capital Management Incorporated and Wells Fargo Funds Management, LLC. Certain products managed by WFAM entities are distributed by Wells Fargo Funds Distributor, LLC (a broker-dealer and Member FINRA).
Wells Fargo Asset Management is not affiliated with Social Security Solutions, Inc., nor does it endorse any of their products or services.
All investing involves risks, including the possible loss of principal. There can be no assurance that any investment strategy will be successful. Investments fluctuate with changes in market and economic conditions and in different environments due to numerous factors, some of which may be unpredictable. Each asset class has its own risk and return characteristics.
This material is for general informational and educational purposes only and is NOT intended to provide investment advice or a recommendation of any kind — including a recommendation for any specific investment, strategy, or plan. PAR-1120-00954
FOR INVESTMENT PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY – NOT FOR USE WITH THE RETAIL PUBLIC
INVESTMENT PRODUCTS: NOT FDIC INSURED • NO BANK GUARANTEE • MAY LOSE VALUE